Help make Valentines Day Special for Your Child
by Lee Jackson
Images Unlimited Publishing
Help Make Valentines Day Special for Your Child
Valentines Day is not only a day for celebrating “romantic love” but it can be a day of expressing love between parents and children. One of the most important things parents can do for their children is to show them they are loved, accepted and appreciated. In her book, Cooking Around the Calendar With Kids — Holiday and Seasonal Food and Fun, Amy Houts offers many ideas for helping parents and children find joy in working together.
Spending focused time with children shows them they are special and loved. Here are some easy suggestions you can do to express love and appreciation for your child in a fun way on this Valentines Day.
· Make pancakes in the form of a heart. Serve with strawberries and whipped cream.
· Set out paper place mats and help your child decorate them with a Valentines Day theme.
· Send a note in your child’s lunch box or backpack thanking them for something they did or simply telling them “I love you”.
· Plan a treasure hunt by leaving little notes around the house expressing your appreciation for something they did. End with a riddle or clue to the next hiding place where they will find a candy or special memento. Have something special at the last hiding place such as a toy or treat.
· Give lots of hugs and kisses. Don’t let your child grow up without them. There is no greater reassurance of their lovability and worth than to be affectionately touched and held. Affirming statements such as “I love you just the way you are; I’m so glad you’re my son (or daughter)” need to be given often, not only on Valentines Day.
There are lots more suggestions for this and other special days in Cooking Around the Calendar With Kids — Holiday and Seasonal Food and Fun. This is a fun book you can read and use with your child all year long.
This cookbook/activity book is available directly from the publisher, Images Unlimited Publishing, P.O. Box 305, Maryville, MO 64468 or through their
website. Cost $12.95 (softcover) and $24.95 (hardcover) each plus $4 shipping. (Mo residents add 7.475% tax). Mail
Media kits, review copies, and interviews available on request. Special feature story inquiries welcome.
This article provided by the Family Content Archives at: http://www.Family-Content.com
Page - PeopleOfFaith.com