7 Organizing Ideas for New Mothers
By Barbara Myers
1. Organize your home before the baby
with a new baby takes enough energy without having to
sort through clutter. Start early! Many a baby has arrived
much earlier than expected.
2. Buy a diaper bag with several compartments and keep
it stocked with: blanket, extra outfit, diapers, wipes,
ointment, snacks for Mom and feeding supplies.
3. Place containers filled with diapers, wipes and ointment
around the house. You won't want to walk to the nursery
every time your newborn needs to be changed.
4. Have a baby memory book, a baby how-to book and a
notebook ready and accessible. You can fill-in, find out
and make notes whenever you have a spare minute.
5. Plan on relaxing your housekeeping standards the first
year after baby's arrival. Focus on the baby's and your
needs. Aside from basic clothes washing and meals, the
house can wait.
6. Develop a feeding "system." If nursing, have a small
bag filled with the essentials: small pillow, blanket,
bottle of water, cloth, which you can grab at a moment's
notice when baby is hungry.
7. Make lists. It only takes a moment to jot down errands
to run, items to buy and things to do. The next time
someone offers to help, you'll know exactly what needs
to be done (and maybe if they see the list, they'll help
by Barbara Collins-Myers
Barbara Myers is a professional organizer and author.
Free tips booklet and e-zine to help you control your
time by organizing your life.
Suggestions for this site? Please email
us with your comments!
Christian Movie Reviews