50 Things That Really Do Matter
(Short Shots On Living An Exceptional Life)
by Lee Wise
A Beautiful Moment In Time
© Lee Wise All rights reserved
In my opinion, these things matter...
1. Listening enough to care and caring enough to listen.
2. Being a dreamer but not living in a dream world.
3. Saying "It doesn't matter" and meaning it.
4. Being a positive influence in any way possible, to as
many as possible, for as long as I possibly can.
5. Balancing justice with mercy and fairness with common
6. Being patient and patiently enduring.
7. Earning credibility instead of demanding compliance.
8. Valuing the wisdom of discernment, the danger of pleasure
without restraint, and the joy of victory with integrity.
9. Being worthy of trust and trusting what's worthwhile.
10. Enjoying all things small and beautiful.
11. Words that heal.
12. Words that help.
13. And words that encourage.
14. Forgiving myself for what I've done and others for what
15. Gaining what I desire without losing what I should gain.
16. Maintaining the passion of purpose while avoiding the
pitfalls of making hasty decisions with little or no
17. Watching "You've Got Mail" one more time.
18. Enjoying life for all it holds instead of holding out
for all it has yet to become.
19. Giving praise without demands and encouragement without
21. Healing wounds.
22. And helping people realize their dreams.
23. Knowing when I can, can't and shouldn't.
24. Laughter for the sake of laughter!
25. Leading while not forgetting how to follow.
26. Honoring the honorable and avoiding the painful errors
of the disgraceful.
27. Knowing the power of commitment, the rewards of self-discipline and the meaning of faith in myself, God and
28. Smiles -- lots of them.
29. Learning as much as I can for as long as I can.
30. Standing for what's right when everything's wrong, and saying "I'm wrong" when something's not right.
31. Letting the music play.
32. Knowing I can and seeking help when I can't.
33. Just doing nothing at just the right time.
34. Filling my mind with all that is excellent, truthful,
full of hope, and worthy of thinking about again.
35. Kisses that say "I love you" more than "I need you."
36. Treasuring ideas for their untapped potential.
39. And having fun.
40. Refusing to believe lies about myself or others
regardless of the source -- including what I hear from
41. Trusting enough to see good in people without blindly
trusting in the goodness of all people.
42. Success without self-absorption.
43. Showing I know the difference between keeping the rules and listening with understanding.
44. Winning with dignity.
45. Losing with grace.
46. And learning from both.
47. Believing in all my possibilities -- and yours too!
48. Appreciating the wisdom of maturity and the beauty of childhood.
49. Avoiding the bondage of bitterness, the deceit of wealth without character, and the vanity of pride without
50. Loving for all I'm worth because in the end it's worth
things that matter...>
Yours for a day filled with beautiful moments in time,
© Lee Wise All rights reserved. You may freely distribute
this article. The copyright and this resource box must be
No Cost Ezine! "A Beautiful Moment In Time" is an ezine
designed to bring moments of encouragement and inspiration
into your everyday world. For your fr^ee subscription
go here -- http://www.motivation-for-daily-living.net
This article provided by the Family Content Archives at: http://www.Family-Content.com
Page - PeopleOfFaith.com - Visitor
2004 People of Faith