Valentines Day is NOT only for Lovers
by Catherine Pulsifer
Some people hate to see Valentines Day come around. Some have ended relationships and feel lonely while others have not yet met that someone special. Valentines Day should be a day to share love with those around you. Below are 10 thoughts you can do on Valentines Day to make the day special for you:
1. Look around you and appreciate those who care about you, be thankful they are in your life.
2. Rather than expect a card, send a card to someone special in your life (your mum, a relative, a friend) and thank them for being them.
3. Treat yourself on Valentines Day… if you don't love yourself then you will never be able to love others in a meaningful way.
4. Call your mum or your dad, or that someone who made a difference in your life and thank them for caring about you.
5. Enjoy your day, remember, that you are exchanging a day of your life.
6. Take 5 minutes and sit quietly and reflect on all the blessings in your life. Remember there are always those who are in a worse situation than you.
7. Do something nice for someone today. . . it may be as simple as smiling at someone in an elevator to buying someone a coffee.
8. Call that friend or relative that you have not talked with in awhile.
9. Cook or buy your favorite meal for dinner.
10. Last but not least, don't feel sorry for yourself; be thankful for all the good in your life!
About The Author:
Catherine Pulsifer is one of the editors of Words of Wisdom 4 U, http://www.wow4u.com. You will find a collection of motivational and inspirational thoughts, stories, quotes, poems, smiles, proverbs, and more at Words of Wisdom 4 U!
This article provided by the Family Content Archives at: http://www.Family-Content.com
Page - PeopleOfFaith.com - Visitor
2004 People of Faith