Take the Day Off
by Colleen Langenfeld
Are you tired yet?
Really, really tired?
Most modern moms know what it means to be really tired. And most don't know what a 'weekend' looks like. You know. That interesting idea where you get two days off of work each week to rejuvenate. Rest and refresh.
Here are some signs that it might be time to take a break.
- A day off sounds unpleasant. No kidding.
- When you think about taking some time off, your mind rails against you.
- You're overwhelmed just thinking about all the activities that MUST be done on your day off.
- You're not sure you CAN stop for just a day.
- You're fine with taking a day off, just as soon as you finish one more thing....
- You're afraid if you stop, you won't be able to start up again.
- You can't remember the last time you took a day off.
- You're finding it tough to concentrate on the task/s at hand.
- You experience sudden bursts of irritability for no good reason.
- The sure sensation that one day off is not enough. Or a week. But a month sounds unbelievably good.
Any of these sound familiar? Scheduling a regular down time can not only save your sanity, but greatly improve your actual productivity. Plus make you a much nicer mom, spouse and all-around fun person.
Make a list of activities you would like to do on a day off. Then look at your schedule and pencil in one or two of those activities a couple of times a month, for starters. Go ahead. S-t-r-e-t-c-h your 'relaxation muscles'.
And smile. You've earned it!
Colleen Langenfeld offers helpful resources to working moms. Make your life feel easier, healthier, smarter by reading our One Good Idea ezine. Start by visiting
http://www.paintedgold.com and clicking on the happy kids' picture now!
This article provided by the Family Content Archives at: http://www.Family-Content.com
(NOTE: Referral to Web sites not produced
by the Caton Family is for informational purposes only, and does not
necessarily constitute an endorsement of the sites' content.)
Page - PeopleOfFaith.com - Visitor
2004 People of Faith