Make Fun a Top Priority
By Gigi Gray
Make fun a top priority in your life. Plan it just like you plan every thing else that is important to you. Take time out for your favorite activity or hobby. Or take that long awaited trip to Disney or Hawaii. Write it down on your “to do” list and stick to it.
Here are some ideas for adding fun to your weekly calendar:
* Find a theme-based festival such as an antique festival, cranberry festival, balloon festival, or jazz festival. These events provide hours of excitement for the entire family. The cultural foods, music, and activities at festivals make them well worth the time spent.
* Local sightseeing tours in your city or town can be untapped sources of adventure for you and the family. These local tours can be great choices, if you’re on a budget. Since they are local, you save on travel costs. Also, local museums, zoos, planetariums, and aquariums can be fun and educational for kids and adults.
* Hiking, camping, and fishing make great outdoors getaways. Take a break and experience nature in an adventurous way. Include lots of outdoors activities on your fun calendar. Make sure to work safety into your planning. Include first-aid kits, safety gear, cell phones, and area maps when packing for your outdoors activities.
* After a busy week at the office, unwind by spending time at a luxurious bed and breakfast inn nearby. Luxury B&B’s provide the ultimate atmosphere for relaxation. Rooms are lavishly furnished to add elegance to any weekend retreat. Indulge in luxury and hospitality that will leave you so refreshed, you’ll want to make it a regular part of your life!
* Find a spa and pamper yourself. There are all kinds of spas to fit the needs of everyone - be it relaxation or adventure. Some spas offer themed atmospheres where you can also participate in activities such as horse riding, golf, yoga, and biking. If you don’t take time out for you - just because - then the hustle and bustle that you face during the week can seem endless. Relax and enjoy the special treatment that you will receive at the spa. When you return home, you will feel re-energized and ready to face a new week.
Go ahead. Make fun your number one priority and the rest will follow. You will find yourself better able to do the other things on your calendar, if you take time out - in between the tough challenges - to relax, unwind, and have fun.
Gigi Gray is a freelance writer whose articles center on adventure travel and fun for all ages. For more ideas and tips on planning adventure and fun visit
This article provided by the Family Content Archives at: http://www.Family-Content.com
(NOTE: Referral to Web sites not produced
by the Caton Family is for informational purposes only, and does not
necessarily constitute an endorsement of the sites' content.)
Page - PeopleOfFaith.com - Visitor
2004 People of Faith